Thursday, January 15, 2015

I Learned That....

I'm finally getting around to what I learned on my mission. I'm going to try and do this as much as I can. I'm hoping that I can keep this up for quite a while. I also really hope that somehow this will spread on the internet and be one of those blogs that people look at before their missions. We shall see :) 


Also, my numbering of my lessons is not the order of importance or anything like that. It's just random!

So, lesson #1. It's tough to say. I learned so much that I'm not sure what I should start off with....

Ok, I've got it. January 15 is a very important day for me. Especially January 15, 2013. Two years ago (TODAY), I received my mission call to be a missionary for the California Oakland/San Francisco Mission, in addition to serving at the Oakland Temple Visitors' Center. I was called to English speaking, and I was to report on May 29. I still remember that day, two years ago. It was such a happy day. And my mission was just so much happier. 


So lesson #1 is that significant memories will always last forever

Especially from your mission. There were many times where I didn't have time to write in my journal. I was so worried about forgetting everything, especially because my memory stinks. But lo and behold, I feel like you never forget anything that happened during your mission. And thank goodness for that! Every day I cherished so much. It meant so much to me to be able to wear the name of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints on my chest, and represent our Lord Jesus Christ! 

I think about my mission everyday. Not a moment goes by that something can be related to my mission. I keep saying that it changed me life forever. And it has! And I'm glad for that. I'm also super grateful that Heavenly Father has blessed me with the gift of remembrance when it comes to my mission. I sincerely believe that if you are doing the Lord's errand then He will never let you forget it because such precious blessings always come from that service! 

So there it is everyone. My first lesson I'd say is trust in the Lord. Write in your journal as much as you can on your mission! Stick things in for memories, and record your thoughts and feelings of everything everyday, if you can. But if you happen to miss a couple of days (or weeks...) don't sweat it. Heavenly Father will always help you remember the memories that you create. Because the mission is so sweet and wonderful! The work of salvation is real and satisfying!!!! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment