Friday, March 2, 2012

Spreading the Gospel...One Soul at a Time!

I had the coolest experience happen to me last night. Who knew having something start out so awkward and weird turn into a missionary experience and a chance to share the Gospel!! My friends and I got to do that very thing last night.


So we were sitting around, drinking hot chocolate and talking, when one of my friends asked if we had ever heard of chatroulette. Some of us and some hadn't so we explained what it was and we got a computer and got on the site. Now that site has a bunch of weird pervs. Luckily we didn't get any because we didn't have a camera on the laptop we were using so they would just skip us. But then one guy got connected to us and he actually looked normal! So we started chatting with him and he asked where we were from and we told him Utah. It lead to us telling him about our religion and we told him to check our mormon.org and watch a video or read a profile. He seemed interested and started asking what else we believed in. Luckily, we had two of our guy friends with us (who are RM's) and they got excited about this missionary experience and started chatting with him. He told us he had gone to a catholic school since 6th grade and that he had never thought of "mormonism" but he said it sounded interested.
We kept talking to him and told him our beliefs without trying to overload him. So in the end, what did we end up doing? We told him we could send missionaries to him of course! We told him to look for the "missionary request" link in the top right and he could fill out his address on the site and have missionaries come to him. And he did it. What?! Could this possibly be a future member who will learn the Gospel and become baptized?! And he has a pretty serious girlfriend too (they're both 20). Is it possible he could bring the Gospel to her after and she get baptized as well?! It was SUCH a cool feeling! This is definitely what missionaries must feel!! We felt so cool that we got to have this missionary moment!


I really hope he meets with some missionaries and has the chance to learn about our church! That would be so cool. And I hope I can serve a mission myself one day so that I can have that wonderful feeling with me all the time! I want to be able to experience being able to share my testimony of this Gospel all the time. I know this church is true and that God does still speak to us through a living prophet today. I know that we still have living apostles on this earth just like in Christ's time. Death is not the end, and I know that in the Millennium we can all be resurrected. We can be perfected through Christ if we repent and follow His teachings. God loves us and wants us to return to him, for we are all children of God. I know that The Book of Mormon is a true book that was written by prophets of old. Joseph Smith truly did translate it from the gold plates and he risked his life so many times for the coming forth of the true church. I know that Joseph Smith was a true prophet and did receive revelations from God; and that still exists today! I know that I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and I am proud to tell everyone that! 


Check out mormon.org to see what we believe in and hear other people's testimonies of this Gospel. Some of the world may see us as something like a "cult" or not a real religion, but we're normal people! We're just the same as other people. And we have missionaries all over  the world, they're there to answer questions!! I invite you to learn about our religion and see what it's like.

No comments:

Post a Comment