Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Part of Growing Up!

My head hurts. A lot. I think it's from stress, indigestion, and being tired today. Classes and studying. Cooking. Cleaning. Driving. So much happening! But as I've been sitting here, enjoying my cream soda and realizing that I really shouldn't be drinking this right now, I've been taking the time to reflect on life, and how I've changed from even a year ago from now. 


Let me first start off with talking about today. So for my nutrition class, we were supposed to cook a nutritious meal and share it with people to get their opinion. Since Katie and I are in that class, we decided to team it up and we invited some of our guy friends over to try it. So we went to Smith's to get the ingredients and figured it all out like responsible adults. Then I had to go back and get ginger. Then we started cooking. So much to do!! It was so stressful to try and get it done on time. Luckily the guys just watched some football for about 5 minutes. Anyway, what we had decided to cook was homemade sweet and sour chicken stir fry with rice. I think it went pretty well! They enjoyed it a lot. Then cleaning up afterwards just took ages. But we finally finished. Before all this I did have classes and studying. Who knew cooking a meal would be so hard and tiring? it made me realize how much my mom must go through to cook meals for us. I'm even more grateful than before for my mom to spend so much time and concern on cooking for us. I really do have thee best mother ever. 


Now, looking back at about a year ago from now. It was freshmen year and life was ok! Living off campus is so much nicer, that is for sure. Anyway, back then, it felt like I didn't have to worry about anything in life and it was all a breeze. Halloween was coming up and my roommates and friends and I were trying to figure how we were going to stop by all the different parties and dances going on. Our concern back then was what we wanted to dress up as, too. We did study and worried over our classes, but it just wasn't the same as it is this year. My sister was in Provo, too, and she was always trying to spend time with me when I was supposedly busy. RM's looked scary to me, and pre-mi's were wonderful people to befriend.
Looking at life now, all I can think about is my classes and my grades. Halloween is coming up and we're not really putting much thought into it. Dressing up really isn't a priority right now, with studying for tests and all is so much more important. Food is stressful because you always have to cook and worry about it financially as well (miss the meal plan). I wish I had a job to worry about right now so that I could have that income as well. Staying up until 2 in the morning is definitely not an option anymore, especially when 10:00 rolls around and you get tired. RM's really aren't scary and I've enjoyed making these new friends. My sister isn't here, but all the way across the country, and I can't spend time with her like I should've. I regret not spending time with her, and I really wish she was here with me. Life is just one big stress ball.


Some people hate the stress, they want everything handed to them on a plate. But you know, this may sound silly, but all this really is just part of growing up. Life is supposed to be full of all this stress because that's what makes life satisfactory in the end because you pulled through. I hope I just can make it through all this; life is just too good. I'm blessed with the best family ever,  my sister as my best friend, great education, wonderful friends, and all the rest of the blessings that my Heavenly Father has given me. Don't complain about life, just pulling through is what life really is about; because by pulling through, we become stronger and mature.


This truly is the life of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment