Monday, October 3, 2011

....and I am a Mormon

This past weekend, our church had the wonderful opportunity to listen to our prophet and general authorities speak about different Gospel matters. It was our 181st semiannual conference, and I just loved every single moment of it!


The first thing I want to mention from General Conference that I thought was very interesting was how we call ourselves. Elder M. Russell Ballard of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles explained that the word "Mormons" is acceptable only when it is referring to just the members of the church. We shouldn't call our church the "Mormon church". We are the Church of the Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints! The name of our church explains what we believe in a general easy sense. He said that we lose the confusion when we use the full name of the church. 
This brings up a wonderful website that our church has created. It's www.mormon.org and it allows members of our church to create their own profile and explain about why they're part of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I think it's a great way for anyone investigating our church to see what it's about in the words of other people. I highly suggest anyone to go there and read some. It shows all the people who have testimonies of the truthfulness of this Gospel! 


I also really liked Elder Tad R. Callister's talk about the Book of Mormon and how it has no middle ground. I agree with Elder Callister and tell you all that this book is so true. It truly claims the word of God in every verse and every page. It acts as a support to the Bible and what it teaches. Together they bring us to one Lord, one faith, and one baptism. You haven't studied our religion until you've studied the Book of Mormon! As you read, study, and ponder this book, I promise you that the Spirit of the Holy Ghost will come upon you; you will feel a peace inside you and you will feel closer to God. I know through studying and praying about the Book of Mormon that it contains true doctrine and is the word of God. 
I also invite anyone to read the talks from our General Conference via the internet (you can find them on lds.org) or purchasing the November 2011 Ensign, which will come out closer to the end of October. You will come to find that the words the general authorities teach are divine inspirations from God!! 


All in all, I do know the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the true church. Through trials and tribulations in my life, and through prayer, I have come closer to Christ and I have felt His hand bless my life in ways that I know no one else could do. He has blessed me with such a wonderful family, excellent education, and the best of friends that uplift me. Joseph Smith was a true prophet who restored this church on this Earth. Without a doubt this wonderful Gospel must be spread throughout the world so that others may feel the happiness and joy it brings to one's life. Come unto Christ. I promise you that this Gospel will bless you in so many ways. I know that God lives. He loves us, and wants the best of us. I'm proud to be a Mormon; I'm proud to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and I invite you all to come unto Christ and feel His love surround you! You will be blessed! 

1 comment:

  1. I love this. Thanks for posting your testimony, Yunnie! Good job in making good use of our technology! :) Love you and miss you lots.

    PS: your blog looks super cute!! Good job on that too Sista.

    ReplyDelete