Monday, April 8, 2013

I Love My Job

I feel so grateful for having the job that I do have. I currently work at the Museum of Art Gift Shop on campus and it's be swell. That building is probably the one I would never go into during my college career if it weren't for this job; and I'm so glad that this is the job that I got, out of all the ones I applied to. Working at the gift shop has made me more art-aware, and has gotten me to appreciate art all over again. I also love working with the fellow students there; we've become great friends and doing stuff outside of work (lasertag for the win!).

A while ago, my work had some opera students come and perform at the MOA....
Ah good stuff....


I didn't think I'd say this, but hearing them sing was fantastic! I'm usually not a fan of the opera, but they were really good and it was great being able to listen to them while I was at work. The appreciation of the arts just continues to grow. Especially with college, where being well-rounded in everything you enjoy is difficult, I'm really glad I have this job that let's me indulge in the arts as well. 

I'll miss working here after this semester! I wish I had gotten this job sooner and had worked here longer. It's weird that everything is coming to an end; a good one, but still weird to think that. Putting life on hold for the next 18 months is crazy to think! And this job is one that I'll definitely miss, seeing as I won't be coming back to it when I'm back. 

The arts are great everyone! Take the time to check out an art museum or some other sort of art. You'll appreciate it and have a good time if you go with an open eye and mind.

That's the life of me for now! 

No comments:

Post a Comment