Tuesday, March 26, 2013

What I Love To Do

Well hey there, blogger. It's been quite a while, hasn't it? I feel like I've depraved you, and here I am to feed you with a little update on my life.

First the picture...




I had a really great experience just this past Friday. Being part of BYU's hip hop club, I was able to perform for a program called Project Youth. Let me first tell you what that is. 
Project Youth is a program that BYU holds every year. A few hundred 6th graders from different elementary schools come and spend their morning on campus, doing a variety of things and activities. They then have lunch and then move to the DeJong Hall for a performance by different clubs and organizations from BYU. The point of Project Youth is to encourage these kids to stick with school and be excited about it. And to study hard now so that they can make it to college because it's fun! The fun motivation partially comes from the performance that they get. 

So, with that being explained, not only did I get to perform for them, but I knew a couple people involved with Project Youth so I got to talk with some of the 6th graders and just have some fun with them during their lunch break. It was so much fun!! They're all so full of energy....

And we felt it when we danced! I wish all our performances were for elementary school kids. They really give you their energy and give you so much more power to do better for them. And they're the best audience! They cheer whenever anything happens, they sing with the song and they're so loud (in a good way)!  BYU Hip Hop gets to be a part of this performance every year and it's always the favorite performance. Even though we don't do much, we still are part of a wonderful program that encourages these kids to stay in school. We show them that life isn't full of stress and pessimism, but that it's fun and exciting as well. And to be able to do that through dance....it's a wonderful thing. 

I love what I do and I'm so happy I get to use it for good! Everyday I keep finding things I'm so blessed with and thanking my Heavenly Father for what he's given me.



No comments:

Post a Comment