Monday, December 3, 2012

What Photoshop Can Do For You

I LOVE photoshop. Oh so so much. I love editing pictures; photography is a favorite hobby of mine! I love taking pictures of anything and then picking some of them to edit. It's a great way to pass some time and to realize how you can improve your photography skills.

This is what photoshop can do for a picture for you if you take the time... I didn't take near as much time as I wanted to to show you what it really could do for you, but I hope you see what I mean. 


Before (taken with my iPhone camera)


After (not as much editing as I wanted but still)

I know it's not much, but there are actually a ton of adjustment layers as well as a handful of filters. Let's not forget that I added some more "make up" to my face as well.

It's easy to hide your real self through pictures and the internet. It's easy to see a flaw in a picture of yourself and fix it instantly. It's easy to deceive the world by viewing it through a mask and going through each day like a masquerade. But you know what I think? DON'T DO IT!!! Just be yourself!! Beauty is only skin-deep and everyone is beautiful, no matter what society may say. There is no such thing as a norm.

This is why I don't like photographers who edit portraits so much that they look fake. Why are you going to get a portrait for something when it's not going to be your actual face? A few fix ups here and there, fine. But changing it completely that your face doesn't look real in them? No thanks. 



1 comment:

  1. My sister is so talented!!! Looks awesome yunnie! I had no idea you could add makeup on photoshop!!! Very impressive sister!

    ReplyDelete